We collect and analyse certain statistical information about the use of our website. When you visit our website, the following information is retained about that visit:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the website in a format that does not enable us to identify who you are the previous webpage from which you accessed the website;
- the identity of any search engine used to access the website, and any search terms used;
- the type of browser, device and operating system used to access the website;
- the date and time of your access to the website;
- a list of all the pages visited while in the website; and the page you exit the website from.
- Such information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual and we do not track individual e-mail addresses, usage of web pages or any other information personally identifying you. Most information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies.
Requirement to Provide Data and consequences
Generally, you are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data. However, sometimes personal information is required for us to comply with our obligations under applicable law and to provide services to you and, if you do not provide us with the required data, then we may not be in a position to provide you with our services.
Sources of Data
We only collect information from you directly e.g. from your interactions with us by phone, email and letter and/or through our direct involvement with you.
We will not hold your data for longer than is necessary. We will retain your personal data for the duration of your engagement with us and for such a period, after your contract ends as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise relating to your contract. Where you do not enter into a contract with us, we will only retain your information for so long as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise relating to our interactions with you. It is important that we make you aware that if you invite us to value your property or if you should view, offer or purchase
through us we are legally required to retain a record of this for a minimum period of 6 years after the property transaction completes. Each of our communications will contain an opt out or
unsubscribe so you are fully in control of how we communicate with you.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the purposes listed below:
to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors,
insurers and service providers;
to other members of our group or affiliates;
to third parties, their agents and professional advisors, subject to confidentiality obligations, for the
purpose of a due diligence exercise by third parties in connection with any proposed merger,
acquisition, re-organisation or transfer of our business and to any person proposing to participate in,
promote, underwrite or manage any such arrangement; and
to competent regulatory or other authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
Your rights and how to exercise them
Data protection legislation provides you with the right to obtain a copy of your personal data, this is
called the right of access. You also have the right to withdraw consent to us processing your
information, at any time, where the processing is based on consent.
Similarly, the legislation also gives you the right* to:
a) correct any information relating to you which is incorrect;
b) delete such Information;
c) restrict our use of that information;
d) object to our use of information relating to you; and
e) request that information relating to you is transferred to another data controller.
* Please note that these rights can be subject to certain restrictions, we are legally obliged to retain records of all viewings and offers made on a property for a minimum of 6 years after the transaction so a request to delete cannot be actioned until that legal timeframe has passed.
What personal data do we collect when providing a property service?
We may need you to provide us with personal data to allow us to provide that service, including:
your name and contact details, including your, email address, address and telephone number;
the information you provide for the purpose of entering into a contract with us;
personal data relating to you in connection with our on-going relationship with you, based on the services which we are providing to you or the estate agency activities which we are carrying out;
where necessary information relating to your financial means, such as documentary proof of funds;
the information which we are required to collect to carry out anti-money laundering and identity checks and to comply with our legal obligations;
any other personal data which you provide to us directly.